Are you looking to start a brand, or just test the water for a new style?
We got you!
Until now, we were supporting our brands with small MOQ orders, based on pre-approved samples, however, the resounding need for samples, made us re-think the way we work, and how we can move into a one-off minimum production.
Are you looking to get samples made, without yet committing to a full production run? While this is a tailoring service, we’re now able to offer this service for a number of categories.
How Does Sampling Work?
- Please make sure to read the list of disclaimers (below) before completing the order.
- Complete the payment form – let us know which products you want and how many of each. If it’s two t-shirts in different colours, that is two different samples. Accuracy will speed up the process.
- Let us know where to ship your items – that’s important.
- Want to add a second style or color? Do so before the checkout so that we can accurately quote you.
- As soon as you’ve made the payment you will get a link to start filling out our custom form. Fill in the photo reference of the product you’re looking to get tailor-made, the size, the generic fabric from the list, and fill in all details that might not be visible.
- Receive an email confirmation, and wait for the team to get back to you if they have further questions about the order. Please remember that if the order does not comply with our capabilities to produce a single sample, you will be fully refunded.
- We do not require a pattern, and will include a base pattern in the price of the sample. However, this is usually a size S. If you have a size specification or an existing pattern, please add it to the attached documents, and mention the size in the comments.
- Lead time is 2-3 weeks +shipping. As we aim to deliver as soon as possible, this depends on the fabric availability and order log.
- All of our samples are made in our atelier, and every item is made pattern to finish by a seamstress, meaning it’s not phasic stages like in mass-production, where multiple seamstresses and departments are working at different stages of a single garment.
- While we would like to accommodate as many inquiries as possible, some categories require special machines of factory finishes. If you want to make one of these categories, we’re sorry but we can’t produce the sample without a confirmed production with 100 units minimums per style. If you however fill in the form and confirm the order without checking this prior, we will have to cancel the request, and refund you.
Categories we’re not able to make stand-alone samples:
- Lingerie and hosiery
- Denim and other workwear that require chemical or distress processes
- 3D Knits and seamless finishes
- Puffer jackets, leather goods, rhinestones applique, other hand embellishments
- Evening gowns, tuxes, tailored suits, and products that are beyond the scope of a sample seamstress, and that would require multiple production fits.
The purpose of the sample is to give you an overview of a product, and it’s a base that can be used as a benchmark before production itself, to assess the fit and style. The sample will never be the same quality as a production run, made by different departments, or have composition, care labels etc.
For samples we use a finite library of stock fabrics to best match the reference. We’re not able to provide specific fabrics or Pantene code shades, for which we would require wholesale orders. We will look to match the fabric according to the product category, and the compositions are quite generic.
For this service we’re not able to accommodate very specific finishes, personalized accessories, one-off labels, and luxury fabrics, as the price categories are pre-set. Please keep this in mind, prior to confirming the order.
Generic fabric composition include:
- If details are not provided in the style description, executive decisions will be made without prior confirmation, in order to automate the process as much as possible. Please make sure you’re thorough if you have specific details in mind.
- This is a non-refundable service, as it’s a made-to-order product. Make sure you read a comply with the disclaimer before confirming an order.
Price Categories For Samples
|Summer dresses, Halter dress, Skater dress, Mini, Midi, Maxi, Wrap etc
|Fully lined, Special occasion, Bonded corset dress, Tailoring
|Tops, blouses, shirts
|Trousers, Chinos, Flare, Palazzo, Culottes, Shorts
|Jumpsuits, Boliersuits, Co-ords, Matching Sets
|Bomber Jackets, Short Jackets, Vests, Blazers
|Long trench coats, Long blazers, Complex Jackets
FAQs For Sample Making
Do I need to confirm production quantities in order to get a sample made?
No. This is a standalone service and it’s not correlated to a MOQ. You can order a one-off sample made in order to test the style and get and idea of how a physical sample will look, before you have to commit to a full production run.
If you decide to move forward and order a production run with sizes, the price of the sample will be deducted from the order invoice of the production.
Do I need to have a pattern?
No. We don’t require a pattern.
We will include a base pattern in the price of the sample. However, this is usually a size S. If you have a size specification or an existing pattern, please add it to the attached documents, and mention the size in the comments.
Do I have to provide the fabric?
No. We use our own fabrics. However, for this service we’re not able to accommodate very specific finishes, personalized accessories, one-off labels, and luxury fabrics, as the price categories are pre-set. Please keep this in mind, prior to confirming the order.
Generic fabric composition include:
- viscose blend
- satin (poly)
- wool blend
- woven fabrics
- knit fabrics
What is the timeline for the samples being produced?
Lead time is 2-3 weeks +shipping. As we aim to deliver as soon as possible, this depends on the fabric availability and order log.
UK shipping: 1 – 3 working days (£8)
International shipping: 3 -7 working days (£22)
Can I add print / embroidery to my samples?
Yes. We can do a customised step to add prints or embroidery to the end products. Please be specify of the design, sending the graphic and designs in the attachment, before placing the order. All later add-ons will not be considered, as we try to automate the process as much as possible.
Can I add / alter my design once the order is been confirmed?
No. All details of the sample should be provided prior to confirming the order.
If details are not provided in the style description, executive decisions will be made without prior confirmation, in order to automise the process as much as possible. Please make sure you’re thorough if you have specific details in mind.
How do you price the samples?
In order to automate the process as much as possible, we have created product categories that should include most garment types that we can make in our own atelier (our factory capacity is more vast, however, we require production orders for that).
These categories are bulk-priced and are an average of different processes – from fabric sourcing, fabrics and trims (at retail prices, not wholesale), pattern creation, cutting, fabric consumption, fitting, sewing, finishing, ironing etc
The prices are representative of made-to-order items that are not mass produces, much like a personal tailor, and are a minimal risk to test a style or start a brand, without a production up-front investment.